Our joyful, vibrant, Open & Affirming and Gospel-centered church is looking for a new member of our ministry team! If you are kind, detail-oriented, and looking for work in our community (or know someone who is!) please read on and see details below for how to apply:
First Congregational United Church of Christ Office Manager
Job Summary: The Church Office Manager is a permanent, part-time position whose primary responsibility is that of administrative support of the Pastor. Additional responsibilities include managing the operation of the church office and interfacing with the church staff and church committees under the general supervision of the Pastor.
Schedule: 15 hours per week; typically Monday-Friday 9am-12noon, with occasional additional hours as needed.
- Ability to communicate well and interact positively with people across the lifespan by telephone, written word, internet and social media, and face-to-face;
- Ability to strictly adhere to and maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to act independently and to organize work with only general guidance and minimal direct supervision;
- Ability to maintain correspondence and other records;
- Demonstrate maturity, initiative, sound judgement and dependability;
- Demonstrate creativity and a capacity to assume responsibilities.
- At least two years experience in Office Management or related field preferred;
- Experience working with church organizations or nonprofits (paid or volunteer) preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, accomplish project goals, and remain focused;
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Applications, especially Publisher, Microsoft Word, and Excel;
- Facility with Google Calendar, Google Docs, and Google Drive;
- Facility with Church Windows, or willingness to learn;
- Facility with Social Media (Facebook, Instagram);
- Facility with MailChimp Email Service or willingness to learn;
- Facility with WordPress website or willingness to learn;
- Must be competent in all aspects of office equipment including: computer systems, printers, scanners, etc. Basic troubleshooting skills for such equipment required.
Compensation: commensurate with experience; paid vacation and sick time.
To Apply: Email a PDF of cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.