Job opening: Office manager
Job Summary: The Office Manager is a permanent, part-time position whose primary responsibility is that of administrative support of the Senior Pastor. Additional responsibilities include managing the operation of the church office and interfacing with the church staff, committees, congregation, and general public under the general supervision of the Senior Pastor.
Schedule: 20 hours per week; a typical work week is Monday-Friday 9am-12noon, with an additional 5 flex hours per week to be scheduled at the discretion of the Office Manager and Senior Pastor.
- Ability to communicate well and interact positively with people across the lifespan by telephone, written word, internet, social media, and face-to-face;
- Ability to strictly adhere to and maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to act independently and to organize work with only general guidance and minimal direct supervision;
- Ability to maintain correspondence and other records;
- Demonstrate maturity, initiative, sound judgement and dependability;
- Demonstrate creativity and a capacity to assume responsibilities.
- At least two years experience in Office Management or related field preferred;
- Experience working with church organizations or nonprofits (paid or volunteer) preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, accomplish project goals, and remain focused;
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Applications;
- Demonstrated proficiency with WordPress websites;
- Demonstrated skills managing databases;
- Facility with Google Suite (Calendar, Docs, Drive, Sheets, Forms);
- Facility with Social Media (Facebook, Instagram);
- Facility with Breeze database, or willingness to learn;
- Facility with Canva or similar design program or willingness to learn;
- Facility with MailChimp Email Service or willingness to learn;
- Must be competent in all aspects of office equipment including: computer systems, printers, scanners, etc. Basic troubleshooting skills for such equipment required.
Compensation: commensurate with experience; paid vacation and sick time.
To Apply: Email a PDF of cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.